9 No-Style Homes That Are Seriously Stylish
When it comes to getting a one-of-a-kind look, it’s all about looking beyond the usual interior themes. Forget about fitting your home into a retro, industrial, or minimalist box; an original home is one that combines various elements from different styles to express your unique identity.
Distinct and eclectic, check out these 10 anti cookie-cutter homes that refuse to be categorised or labeled!
1. Having good taste is a gift. Embrace and nurture it over time by sustaining an interest in decor, and you will naturally accumulate beautiful accessories and furniture pieces. Over time, you’ll end up decorating the home with them, and end up with an effortlessly chic abode that’s uniquely yours.
Interior Designer: Third Avenue Studio
Cost of Renovation: $62,000
2. Step through the main entrance, and you’re likely to think that you’ve just started a staycation at the hippest boutique hotel! The living room is on point with its mishmash of contemporary and gritty industrial aesthetics. Each room also has its own character: classical for the kitchen, retro for the washrooms, and eclectic for the bedroom.
Interior Designer: Aiden T
Location: Joo Chiat
Cost of Renovation: $89,000
3. For a daily escape from city life, find tranquility amongst serene Japanese-inspired interiors for your home. Kudos to the designers of this home too, who managed to add another dimension to the often pale-coloured Zen style with unexpected pops of blues. The paler shades contrast the light wood surfaces exquisitely, and is also a calming hue to rest tired eyes on.
Interior Designer: The Monocot Studio
Location: Riviera Residences
Cost of Renovation: $100,000
4. Graphic tiles, bold wall paint, clashing styles, and a devil-may-care attitude lend this open-plan apartment a fascinating edge. While the idea of placing so many colours and textures in one room may make the palms of conservative homeowners sweaty, it is an approach that can surely liberate the creative soul!
Interior Designer: Poetus
Cost of Renovation: $80,000
5. Keep things classy with a white and grey palette, and uplift the posh factor by anchoring different zones with a rug, which gives the space a more formal ambiance. The contemporary theme is carried through the rest of the home with few superfluous decorations, which completes its polished treatment well.
Interior Designer: Edge Interior
Location: Q Bay
6. In a modern interpretation of the black and white bungalow style, this home’s interiors oozes a stylish coziness that just makes you want to curl up in your pajamas with a good read and a glass of wine. By using pale colours to unify the classic, country, and contemporary themes together, the effect is wonderfully soothing and elegant.
Interior Designer: Fifth Avenue Interior
Location: Compassvale Crescent
Cost of Renovation: $35,000
7. The raw brick wall that serves as the main visual anchor for both floors in this landed property casts an edgy tone over the home’s artsy look. Paired with arresting contemporary art pieces and Asian-style sculptures and furniture, this home’s design is a fine example of how the popular East-meets-West concept can come in many refreshing interpretations.
Interior Designer: Linear Space Concepts
Location: Horne Road
Cost of Renovation: $200,000
8. The play of contrasts in this homely apartment illustrates how balance is the key to creating a soothing environment for rest. By using dark browns, black, and grey side by side with whites and other creamy shades, a lovely visual contrast is achieved without overwhelming this cosy space.
Interior Designer: Prozfile
Location: Marine Terrace
Cost of Renovation: $77,000
9. Inject the home with a moody, sophisticated vibe with smoky blues such as in this house. Accompanied with graphic Peranakan-inspired tiles, graphic art pieces, and an eclectic array of furniture, this contemporary house exudes a boldness that’s invigorating and inspiring.
Interior Designer: The Scientist
Location: Eastwood Green
Want a home design like no other?
We have just the right experts to help. Send in a quote request here and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms that can help you revamp your home. All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to S$50,000.
Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research