9 Soothing Homes To Calm Your Soul
We all want to come home to a space that’s peaceful and calming, especially after a long stressful day at work. If serenity is what you’re after, then these homes are the perfect inspiration for even the most anxious of us.
1. The less cluttered your home feels, the more perfect it is to make you calm and rested. Take cue from this stunning four-room apartment where only the essentials are needed. Hidden storage areas make for an even more peaceful ambience while cooling tones of grey and white help to enhance the calming factor.
Interior designer: The Minimalist Society
Location: Upper Serangoon Crescent
Cost of renovation: $40,000
2. The woody beige theme for this home is the perfect minimalist style – it’s classy and sleek yet feels totally cosy and calming. Clutter is almost nil here where everything has its place and is completely organised. Concealed storage areas are a bonus to enhance the serenity.
Interior designer: Ace Space Design
Location: Potong Pasir
Cost of renovation: $65,000
3. A popular theme for calming homes? Definitely go with wood, like what this homeowner did with his three-room condo. Wooden finishing lends the perfect sense of tranquility. Again, smart concealed storage space keeps clutter in control and neatly hidden away. This home is so neat and organised it’s bound to make you feel instantly calmer the minute you walk in.
Interior designer: Dyel Design
Cost of renovation: $30,000
Everything In Order
4. A messy home is bound to make you feel flustered and uneasy so the best way to invoke a calming sensation at home is to keep things organised and in its place. Take this home as an inspiration when it comes to order – customised storage shelves and built-in cabinets help keep chaos under control. A minimalist furniture style further enhances the tranquility.
Interior designer: 82
Cost of renovation: $70,000
5. This condo’s living room is a great example of things in order – nothing is out of place and mess is out of sight with the built-in covered cabinets to keep your clutter. Take note that built-in cabinets can also be stylish and modern; here, mirror inlays are used as part of the cabinet design to give it some texture and a designer feel.
Interior designer: Xprado
Location: The Palette
Cost of renovation: $30,000
6. Soft pastel hues are a great way to create a calming ambience for your home. Do what this homeowner did – pick a wall and give it a splash of mint green to instantly up the calming factor. It’s refreshing and super-easy to do yourself.
Interior Designer: Lux Design
Location: Upper Serangoon
Cost of renovation: $32,000
7. Another pastel-inspired home done right! Here, the soft hue is used as part of the finishing like doors, cabinets and wall features as well as bedding, creating a living space with a relaxed vibe. Set against a mostly white background, it’s the perfect antidote to a stressful day.
Interior Designer: The Monocot Studio
Location: Riviera Residences
Cost of renovation: $100,000
8. Going the opposite direction of cooling hues, warm lighting can also make your space feel cosy and tranquil. This home uses warm ambient light throughout to give it an intimate feel that is homely and sheltered. Add on the element of wood as well as fresh potted plants, and what you have is a home you never want to leave.
Interior designer: Bowerman
Location: Jalan Batu
Renovation Cost: $65,000
9. This three-room apartment is all about Japanese Zen style with its raised platforms, minimalist décor and wooden screens throughout. It’s relaxing all at once and uses smart custom-built storage space to keep it uncluttered and organised. Definitely the home of an owner who craves peace and order.
Interior designer: D5 Studio Image
Location: Upper Serangoon View
Cost of renovation: $47,000
Reinvent your home's design
Have a small home, but big ideas? Send in a quote request here and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms that can transform your home for free! All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to S$50,000.Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.