9 TV Feature Wall Ideas For Your Living Room
Think your flatscreen TV looks bare and boring on the wall? How about making it the showcase of your home? There are plenty of things you can do to compliment your wall and let your TV stand out without having to do much. Plus, it’s a great way to showcase your personality. Start here with these three ideas.
Create Extra Storage
1. One for the book collectors! This HDB used its feature wall as a library as well, giving the entire living room a warm and intimate feel. Additional shelves can be used to place other collections like art and sculptures.
Interior Designer: Third Avenue Studio
2. Now this is chic! The stark white cabinet has a retro-ish feel that is modern and contemporary. Empty “spaces” act as storage space to showcase your art collection. Give it a spotlight treatment for that gallery feel.
Interior Designer: Schemacraft
3. Here’s a cool approach – using marbles and steel as part of your feature wall design. The flatscreen TV stands out against the white background, lending a minimalist style. Marble texture breaks up the monotony.
Interior Designer: Weiken.com
4. A comic-art approach? Why not! The pop of colours lends your living room a fun and playful style when set against an otherwise basic theme.
Interior Designer: In Interior Design
5. Want your feature wall to have textures? Why not use tiles to give it a sheen like this two-room condo? The homeowner went with black and grey gradient for a masculine approach, which further enhances the sleekness of the home style.
Interior Designer: Ascenders Design Studio
Go With Decorative Accents
6. Here’s another monochrome home that did right with its feature wall idea. The black flatscreen set against a texture white wall creates a stark impact that’s designer and style. Give it some character with a lone decorative item, as seen here.
Interior Designer: Wolf Wolf
7. This homeowner took nature as inspiration for his feature wall idea, using leaves as motif set against a beige background. A backlit style gives the entire space an intimate and luxurious feel.
Interior Designer: Rhiss Interior Design
8. Here’s a simple idea you can DIY – using tiles and sticking them up on your feature wall to give it a decorative accent. This homeowner went with subway tiles to break up the monotony of the wall. Bonus – it can even be leftover tiles from your renovation project!
Interior Designer: Matrix Interior
9. Want something cosy and homely? Try an English-cottage concept for your feature wall like this homeowner. Simple in white, the idea gives your living room a cottage feel that blends in well with the rest of the home.
Interior Designer: Icon Interior Design
Speak To Trusted Interior Firms
Unsure how to implement the same functional design for your home? Send in your request and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms for free. All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to S$50,000.Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.