A wooden interior theme can instantly make your home look more chic and inviting with warm accents. What’s also great about it is that you can make fascinating home decors using simple wood elements that can be easily done yourself or by upcycling wood scraps, panels or even your old wood furniture. Here is a gallery of homes that have creatively included wood as part of their interior.
1. Love the use of birch wood for this house – the lighter wood tone gives it a very Nordic feel that is soothing and calming to the eyes. Check out too the bath area where instead of the usual tiles, the homeowner has gone with a completely wooden look that is very hillside resort like. It’s raw but also super stylish. Definitely not something you’d find here in Singapore, which makes this home one of its kind!
Interior Designer: Interi Living
Location: Telok Blangah Crescent (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $21,000
2. Wood as a ceiling feature – what a great idea! Using a more rustic wood type, it gives the whole house a cabin feel but one that is more urban than rural. The bedroom clad in masculine wood texture with a contrasting grey wall is also an eye-opener.
Interior Designer: Versaform
Location: Tampines (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $70,000
3. Now this is one condo that has really made wood a huge part of its interior theme – and the results are stunning! From the wooden walls to the wooden shutters, this homeowner went all the way out to really employ wood in every aspect of the home. We absolutely love the pairing of wooden furniture too as well as colours from the same palette – what a beautiful result!
Interior Designer: Asolidplan
Location: Vertis (condo)
Cost of renovation: $140,000
4. We love the use of wood panels as a wall feature, which uplifts the entire room to give it a modern boutique feel. Then wood in a lighter shade gives it a whole contemporary feel that is popular right now.
Interior Designer: Green and Lush
Location: Lengkong Empat (condo)
Cost of renovation: $80,000
5. Another home that uses wood as a feature wall and as part of the ceiling design. Go with different grains and colours to give it a nice contrast that breaks the flow a little. Pick a midtone wood hue so that it brightens up the area.
Interior Designer: Xprado
Location: Silversea (condo)
Cost of renovation: $50,000
6. The great thing about the wooden theme is that a little bit goes a long way. Just like this condo, it uses wooden panels as part of its wall features interspersed with wooden furniture. When using wood minimally, it’s best to pair with white floors and walls for the warm element to stand out.
Interior Designer: Space Factor
Location: A Treasure Trove (condo)
Cost of renovation: $25,000
7. We love how this homeowner decided to use wood panels for his ceilings – definitely a unique concept that we hope to see more of! In fact, when using wood as your main theme, going with panels gives it a more contemporary feel that is both rustic and industrial at the same time. It also looks more “real”, making your home super cosy.
Interior Designer: Mr Shopper Studio
Location: RiverParc Residence (condo)
Cost of renovation: $40,000
8. The wood theme really comes alive in the living room for this apartment. Using different colours and textures gives it even more dimension while wooden furniture adds on the warmth element. Tip: Go for finishings in similar warm tones to enhance the effect.
Interior Designer: Rob.Wynn Interior Design Studio
Location: Punggol Block 624A (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $55,000
9. Wood can really give your entire space a masculine feel that is elegant and super-luxe – just like this stunning home! Floor-to-ceiling panels are used around the bar area to create an artistic feel that is swanky – your guests won’t stop gushing about it, trust us! Darker tones give it a stronger, dignified look.
Interior Designer: Courts Design Studio
Location: Waterway Terraces (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $113,000
Drop us a complimentary quote now and get matched with interior firms based on your requirements for free. Try it today!