Oh-So-Beautiful Homes That Don’t Look Like They Are HDBs
It’s common knowledge that flat layouts are pretty standard now. No matter how cookie-cutter the size or shape, a makeover is all you really need to spice things up.
Here’s how a bit of creative vision, a healthy dose of courage coupled with expert advice from interior designers (and our pros are more than happy to guide) transformed these modest HDBs to total eye candy.
Interior Firm: EHKA Studio
1. This home looks like it was copied straight out of a modern fairytale thanks to its liberal use of white. Despite the dreamy quality, it’s anchored by a variety of standout elements including picture frame molding on both cabinetry and walls, a herringbone backsplash plus wood and marble flooring resulting in a picture-perfect home.
Interior Firm: The Scientist
2. Reminiscent of a swanky NYC apartment, this home employs a black and white palette that’s central to its design aesthetic. The urban vibes are further enhanced with efficient fixtures, a massive walk-in wardrobe and an indoor window that looks directly into the bedroom.
Interior Firm: The Local INN.terior
3. Create a high impact look that’s fit to grace a magazine cover. Lined with dark tiles that feature a marble-like veining and accented with deep blue fittings, this fusion is a whole ‘mood’ for the modern urbanite. Further in, both the bedroom and kitchen are clad in lighter hues and materials, a pretty juxtaposition that enlivens the space.
Interior Firm: Charlotte's Carpentry
4. Just because you’re short on space doesn’t mean that your home lacks in style factor. Check out how the swing doors were replaced with sliding doors here. Not only does it increase the floor radius (for your furnishings), the sliding doors allow you to keep your private spaces private in a really slick way.
Interior Firm: Neu Konceptz
5. Flew to Persia and stayed besotted? Turn your home into a haven inspired by your travels with a plethora of striking tiles, gold-toned accents and Turkish pendant lamps – it’s sure to wow your guests with its glamour and sophistication.
Interior Firm: Fatema Design Studio
6. Redefine the Scandinavian aesthetic with a more contemporary take. Think wooden slats for feature walls or partitions laid against a pristine backdrop with dark furnishings to match. Prevent things from getting too stark by introducing fur rugs and plush soft furnishings.
Interior Firm: erstudio
7. A marriage between the Nordic and minimalist style, this residence is home to fashionable full-height shelving units and concealed doors that keep private areas cleverly sequestered from prying eyes.
Interior Firm: EHKA Studio
Give your HDB a makeover!
Let our professionals guide you through the process. Simply fill up the form to get recommended 5 interior designers, all reviewed by other homeowners.