Steal The Scene With Fantastic Feature Floors!
Most of the time, homeowners focus on the wall to give their home a sense of style. Here’s an alternative instead: Why not create a feature floor that instantly impresses your guests the minute they walk in? Here are some awesome ideas using patterned tiles, mosaic and more.
1. Wood makes for the perfect floor but when you mix it up with colour and grain, you get an even more amazing effect. Pair a classic herringbone style but with a style twist by using oak against birch for a modern effect. There, now you have yourself a standout feature floor.
Interior Designer: The Scientist
Location: Fajar Road
2. Another home with patterned tiles done right, in the kitchen. The homeowner went with a unique way of designing his feature floor – a strip of pattern tiles set against a mostly concrete floor.
Interior Designer: Fatema Design Studio
Location: Woodlands Street
3. Pick a pattern that isn’t too standout for a more subtle effect. It makes for easier decoration and goes with just about everything. Pair this with a bold feature wall and you have a unique contrast of effect.
Interior Designer: Ace Space Design
Location: Chai Chee Drive
4. What we really like about this feature floor is its simplicity and yet interesting effect. Moorish patterned tiles set against an otherwise all-white floor get a more outstanding quality. Give your floor a “messy” treatment so it looks more interesting and artistic.
Architect: Lekker Architects
Location: Artists Home and Studio
5. A retro feature floor that gets our vote for creativity! Mixing texture – wood and tiles – creates an overall impressive effect that stands out instantly. Laying it out in a cascade theme breaks the norm of what you would expect of a feature floor and creates a flow from kitchen to dining room.
Interior Designer: Distinct Identity
Location: Circuit Road
6. This homeowner really went all out with the feature floor theme! Using different tiles and mosaic in different colours, each space gets a different floor treatment to set it apart. There is a chic retro impression in all, giving this home a quirky charm. Love how the homeowner extended the theme to his walls too, creating a contrast in surface.
Interior Designer: Free Space Intent
7. One thing great about feature floors is that you can be creative and off-beat to get an impressive effect. Here, the homeowner went with a wide strip of patterned tiles to give the living room an elongated feel. It breaks the monotony of the entire space and adds a charming appeal that immediately makes your guests feel welcomed and cosy.
Interior Designer: Fineline Design
8. Moorish tiles done right yet again – here in the kitchen for an intimate and comforting feel. Placed right under the island, the feature floor draws attention to the most impressive part of the kitchen. It certainly makes the kitchen a standout space in the entire home, especially when everything else is kept minimalist in approach.
Interior Designer: Aiden T
Location: Joo Chiat Lane
Reinvent your home's design
Have a small home, but big ideas? Send in a quote request here and we will match you with 5 trusted interior firms that can transform your home for free! All recommendations made by Qanvast will be protected under the Qanvast Guarantee scheme, up to S$50,000.
Not ready to renovate yet? Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and reviews of firms in Singapore. It's never too early to start your research.