These Dining Nook Ideas are THE Solutions for Compact Spaces
Far cosier and perhaps even more practical than the formal table-and-chairs combination.
Whether it’s a quick bite, a relaxing dinner with the whole family, or a conducive space for work, it’s all achievable with the cosy dining nook layout. This smaller dedicated space is the perfect central hub, and a far more functional one at that, with more room for sockets, additional seating and (concealed) storage capacity.
Here are examples to create a cosy corner; there are even two breakfast nook options in case you’re really tight on space!
1. Borrow (practical) style notes from this home. With both cabinets and dining area flushed to the side, it builds visual continuity and makes both the kitchen and dining zones look expansive.
Interior Firm: New Chapter Design.com
2. To facilitate interaction and create a stylish dining-kitchen space, install bi-fold glass windows and doors. Take cues from this home where the nook connects to the kitchen. Keep them closed when you do heavy cooking. Then collapse them to entertain and serve food to family and guests when you’re done!
Interior Firm: The Local INN.terior 新家室
3. Use dark wood to amp up the cosy aesthetic, and then extend the frame for a more seamless look. The homeowners of this compact 3-room flat opted to keep the carpentry flushed to the walls for more legroom. Remember to work in some compartments to get more use out of it.
4. In fact, you can have them double as a cosy home “office”. Outfit with a wide table for ample work space, and install power points where you can. This way, you can charge your devices while you work. Remember that you can carve out additional storage within your bench in case you need it!
Interior Firm: Lemonfridge Studio
5. Dress that imperfection – convert that recessed wall with an accent feature and install a slim counter. Stick to a monochromatic colour scheme for a sleeker take.
Interior Firm: Habit
6. Any open spot by a window is prime real estate. To go with the superb view, pick out a statement material like this terrazzo. Play up the old-school charm with rattan chairs. For a bit of privacy (from prying neighbours), include a partition – this one’s made of traditional ventilation blocks!
Interior Firm: Authors • Interior & Styling
Design your ideal dining area!
Simply tell us your renovation requirements and we can get you personalised renovation quotes from five local interior design firms for free!
Also, when you engage an interior firm through our free recommendation service, you’ll enjoy attractive perks, such as the Qanvast Guarantee – a free initiative that safeguards up to $50,000 of your renovation deposits.
Yay, we're on Telegram! Follow us for the latest reno updates! 🙌