Which colour can be classy, cosy, and also moody?
No prizes for guessing the right answer, but these qualities show exactly how versatile grey is. Depending on the gradient used, this sophisticated hue can either bring lasting elegance or a crisp freshness (or both) to your interiors.
From a snug couple’s nest to a condominium apartment that embraces high-contrast decor, we’ve gathered together some of the most stunning neutral homes in Singapore to show you what can be accomplished with the right shade of grey.
1. Designed by Habit, this condominium features a stunning simultaneous contrast, thanks to its striking combination of dark and light greys.
Meanwhile, the inclusion of subtle metallic accents and a wall-to-wall panel of mirrors helps to offset the darkness of the surroundings yet doesn’t take away too much from the apartment’s moody aesthetic.
Interior Designer: Habit
2. The distinctive, but complementary tonal contrast between shades of grey is once again put to good use, this time in the form of eye-catching, asymmetrical flooring.
This cosy 4-room flat also introduces an array of soft pastels as a way of giving its mostly-grey surroundings a fun and welcoming look.
Interior Designer: Weiken.com
3. Despite their easy elegance, grey-toned homes are just as likely to come off as stark or spartan because of their reliance on a single hue.
The owners of this 3-room flat opted to solve the problem by building a marble-effect wall and a faux fireplace – features that add form and character to the minimalist surroundings.
Interior Designer: Colourbox Interior
4. If you are a fan of the bold, high-contrast look, you’ll definitely love this contemporary home that was worked on by Dan’s Workshop.
Featuring a floor of gleaming tiles juxtaposed against matte greywash walls, the home’s living room comes off as immaculately chic. Topping things off are a variety of monochrome posters and fixtures that further accentuate the stylishness of the space.
Interior Designer: Dan’s Workshop
5. Warm lighting is your best friend if you wish to convey a sense of comfy earthiness in a predominantly grey home.
For this 3-room flat at Compassvale Cape, this contributes to the ‘homey’ feel that is palpable throughout, from the main living areas to the owner's personal chambers.
Interior Designer: Inzz Studio
6. Varying shades of steel and dove grey are put to good use in this 4-room condominium home as a way of introducing depth to the surroundings.
Meanwhile, the space’s cold stony-grey walls and warm wood panelling come together to create a dramatic contrast that is attention-grabbing but not jarring.
Interior Designer: Poetus
We can match you up with reliable interior designers in Singapore.
Request for a free quote here, and we'll recommend you 5 interior firms, based on your needs, budget and style.All recommendations made by Qanvast will be eligible for the Qanvast Guarantee, an opt-in protection programme that safeguards your renovation contract up to $50,000 in the event that an ID becomes insolvent or uncontactable.