Stuck with your renovation plans? Here’s how to proceed in light of the COVID-19 situation. Find out more
Planning a simple refresh or embarking on a major overhaul for your home? From architects, interior designers to contractor-IDs, sort and discover the right interior professional for your needs by type.
Interior Designers Singapore
An interior designer is someone who coordinates and manages your renovation project. He or she is able to provide design ideas (3D drawings) from themes like a Star Wars home to a hotel style home based on your personal requirements. An interior designer is a professional who usually executes everything from ideation, design to renovation works.
Looking for a good designer isn’t easy, but these golden rules will make selecting an interior designer smoother.
- Do your own research and let the designer know accordingly. Don’t expect the interior designer to mind read and understand your preferences and requirements
- Ensure that you and your designer are on the same page to avoid miscommunications. Don’t assume he/she knows what you are talking about - showing visual examples is the best way to clear up any misunderstandings.
- Do background checks on the company.
- Don’t be lured by cheap renovation packages. Determine what’s covered (or not) in the package and look out for hidden costs.
- Pick a designer you’re most comfortable with. He/She has to be someone whom you’re not shy about seeking opinion late at night on choosing between a blue or cream rug for your room.
- Look beyond renovation cost and design ideas – other factors such as their project management skills, problem solving and how responsive they are plays a part.
- Consider the interior designer’s personality and the working style too. If both the designer and yourself are opinionated on the design, would you be able to work harmoniously together in the next 3 months? Or are you okay with a designer who’s not fussy about the minor details but still gets the job done?
There are many deciding factors to determine which interior designer to engage. Based on homeowners we spoke to, more than 80% cited that being able to ‘click’ with the interior designer is the main deciding factor in engaging with a professional.
We couldn’t agree more. After all, a good interior designer should understand your lifestyle needs and be able to design a home that reflects your personality.
For more tips on what you should look for, read here: