10 Shoebox Condos With Spectacular Designs
Don’t let the petite size of your condo cramp your style. You can still have an amazing home with a good interior plan that's optimises space. For starters, be inspired by these 10 tiny, but amazing condos. They are less than 86 sqm each, but see how their homeowners made them chic.
1. When done right, simple aesthetics like this can make an impact. Opt for multipurpose furniture, or wall-mount them to free up floor space. Thank us when your tiny hallway no longer looks cramped.
Interior Designer: Chapter B
Location: Riversound Residence
Cost of renovation: $31,000
2. You can still live like a king even when your unit stands at 48 sqm. The key is to inject luxurious details to a streamlined design. Wainscoting panels and glossy touches are a must.
Interior Designer: Ted ID
Location: Flamingo Valley
Cost of renovation: $15,000
3. The magic to making a home look bigger than it really is - have natural light to illuminate the place, and have mirror panels strategically placed to create the illusion of space.
Interior Designer AC Vision Design
Location: Sky Habitat
Cost of renovation: $40,000
4. Who knew a one-bedder condo could actually look bigger than it really is. Kudos to the bold design where the bedroom was converted to a walk-in wardrobe, and a dual-purpose furniture; the sofa bed was placed in the living area. It's functional and practical to the homeowner's needs.
Interior Designer: The Orange Cube
Location: The Shenton
Cost of renovation: $25,000
5. A neutral colour palette is ideal because it's so versatile - goes with everything and doesn't clash with anything. We like how the designer created pockets of storage spaces within the unit to keep the design streamlined and neat.
Interior Designer: Xprado
Location: Jalan Naung
Cost of renovation: $35,000
6. Having a small space does not mean you have to shun dark colours. The dark cosy ambience and quirky features makes a small home look sophisticated.
Interior Designer: UNO Interior
Location: Nin Residence
Cost of renovation: $23,000
7. Don't you love the DIY bunker bed in the kiddies room? It’s a great way to maximise space and look fab at the same time. Using wood throughout also creates a warm and inviting ambience. A cement screed wall helps break up the monotony.
Interior Designer: Design Chapterz
Location: The Palette
Cost of renovation: $20,000
8. Despite its small square footage, the retro fun and industrial-pieces drums up the visual interest, making small living a cheery affair.
Interior Designer: Versaform
Location: Tanjong Ria
Cost of renovation: $65,000
9. Having a ceiling installation is a creative centrepiece. Unique design elements like these lets guests focus more on the wow factor instead of the tiny space.
Interior Designer: Prozfile Design
Cost of renovation: $38,000
10. The use of wood on the floors and walls create a linear effect that makes any room appear longer and larger. Floor to ceiling windows help bring in natural light and luxe to the space.
Interior Designer: H Klassic Design
Location: Seletar Park Residence
Cost of renovation: $30,000
Space planning is crucial especially in small homes. An experienced interior designer can provide the best ways to maximise your space. If you're looking to renovate your home in the next three months, send us a quote request, stating your preferred style and budget, and we'll match you with 5 interior firms for free.Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store or Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and even reviews of more than 200 designers on the go!